How To Make Greek Yogurt
- Bring 2 ¼ pints or 1 liter whole milk (full fat) to just under the boiling point.
- Pour the milk into a glass or earthenware bowl.
- Let the milk cool to 104 degrees F or 42 degrees Celsius.
- Mix 2 or 3 Tablespoons of plain yogurt (commercial or from previous homemade yogurt) with a few Tablespoons of milk. The yogurt should be at room temperature.
- Pour this into the milk without disturbing the skin that may have formed on the surface.
- Cover it with a cloth and place it in a warm, draft-free place and leave it there for 8 to 12 hours. Do not disturb it until the yogurt thickens.
- Drain off any excess liquid.
- Store in the refrigerator for 4 or 5 days.
Greek Yogurt Brands
The information on enzyme-facts.com is not offered for the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of any disease or disorder nor have any statements herein been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). We strongly encourage you to discuss topics of concern with your health care provider.
Return To Top