Do You Need Digestive Enzymes?
Yes, do I really need digestive enzymes? That's a question that probably not many of us ask ourselves. We eat fats, carbohydrates, and proteins without even thinking
about how they are broken down in our digestive system. If we don’t have enough enzymes or digestive enzymes we are setting ourselves up to diseases,
imbalances, or obesity.
If your body needs enzymes; for example, to fight off a viral or bacterial attack, it must borrow
enzymes from another system in your body. This is usually the digestive system since this system uses more enzymes than any other system in your body. Between 60 to 80 percent of your body’s energy is used by your digestive system making digestive enzymes important to your body.
Are you bloated?
Have you ever wondered why? You lack the digestive enzyme amylase to break down sugar in your food. The sugar then ferments and
produces gas or gas symptoms. Then you have bloating, flatulence and burping or belching.
Do you have acid reflux? This is sometimes called heartburn. Doctors prescribe expensive drugs. How safe are these drugs?
Buy at AllPosters.com
Are they really the solution? Too much acid in the stomach doesn’t cause acid reflux. The sphincter between the stomach and
esophagus relaxes at the wrong time. This is due to things such as stress, over eating and gall bladder problems. Drugs just mask the problem.
Do you have indigestion?
Indigestion can be caused by eating too fast, over eating, food allergies, too little or too much stomach acid,
or enzyme deficiencies, to name a few. Antacids just neutralize acids. They are not the answer to indigestion.
"Once, a Victim of Indigestion: Now, Always Merry and Bright!", Thanks to Mother Seigel's Syrup
Buy at AllPosters.com
Do you have bouts of diarrhea and/or constipation How about abdominal pain? Then you possibly could be suffering from irritable
bowel syndrome. One cause of this disease is an over growth of Candida albicans. This is opportunistic yeast that can invade your
colon or lower bowel caused by taking antibiotics. The antibiotics can’t discriminate between the bad bacteria and the good bacteria,
which reside in your colon, and thus kill the good microflora. They are essential to digestion. They also produce enzymes and protect us
from bacteria and viruses that invade our body. Probiotics; therefore, are a good adjunct to enzymes.
Rotavirus from Stool Diarrhea Virus Intestinal
Buy at AllPosters.com
Have you been told you are lactose intolerant? This means you lack the enzyme lactase to break down the lactose contained in dairy
products such as milk and ice cream. What are some common symptoms of lactose intolerance? They are nausea, cramping,
and bloating with gas or diarrhea. They can be mild to severe.
Are you over weight but can’t seem to lose weight?
You might be lacking the digestive enzyme lipase.
Princess Lola, Fattest Lady at Coney Island, Claiming to Weigh 558 lbs Getting at the doctors
Buy at AllPosters.com
On this site…
During my career of over 25 years I have been interested in learning about natural substitutes
for strong drugs or
medicine. I wanted to provide you with the information you needed to find a natural alternative to drugs. I wanted to give you basic
information so that you might make choices without having to spend hours digging through information. We are all busy and our time is
worth its weight in gold. I wanted to share with you what I know and hope that you can improve your health and your life.
The information on enzyme-facts.com is not
offered for the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of any disease or
disorder nor have any statements herein
been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration (FDA).We strongly encourage
you to discuss topics of concern with your
health care provider.
- Enzyme Facts Blog
- The Enzyme Facts Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to enzymes-facts.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Digestion - The Mechanical and Chemical Breaking Down of Food
- The purpose of the digestive tract and the process of digestion is to break down your food to be used as energy by your body. There are numerous enzymes that help in digestion.
- Amylase - They're Called Amylolytic Enzymes
- Amylase breaks down carbohydrates.
- Carbohydrases - The Most Complicated Category of Enzymes
- Carbohydrases break down all the different types of carbohydrates.
- Cellulase Breaks Down Cellulose Found in Plants
- Cellulase is a type of carbohydrase.
- Digestion - The Purpose of the Digestive Tract
- The purpose of the digestive tract is to break down food for digestion.
- Digestion- The Digestive Process
- Explains the digestive process.
- The pancreas is an oblong flattened (fish-shaped) spongy gland, which has two main functions, exocrine and endocrine.
- Pancreatic Exocrine Insufficiency
- Pancreatic exocrine insufficiency affects over 880,000 people worldwide.
- Pancreatic Insufficiency Dogs
- Pancreatic Insufficiency Dogs,Pancreatic insufficiency affects many breeds of dogs, but it’s most commonly seen in large breeds, especially German Shepherds.
- Pancreatic Insufficiency Cats
- Pancreatic insufficiency cats... Pancreatic insufficiency in cats is rare .
- Hydrochloric Acid or Stomach Acid.
- The role of hydrochloric acid in digestion.
- Lactase Breaks Down Lactose in the Small Intestine
- The role of lactase in breaking down lactose.
- Lipase - It's Needed to Digest Fat
- The role of lipase in digestion.
- Maltase Breaks Down Maltose
- The role maltase plays in breaking down disaccharide maltose.
- Pepsin and Hydrochloric Acid
- Pepsin and hydrochloric acid are both necessary for protein digestion.
- Beemans Gum, originally named Beeman’s Gum
- Beemans Gum is a chewing gum invented by Ohio physician Dr. Edward E. Beeman in the late 19th century.
- Protease breaks down the protein in your food.
- Pineapple Contains a Proteolytic Enzyme
- Pineapple contains a proteolytic enzyme called bromelain, which breaks down protein.
- Bromelain a Proteolytic Enzyme
- Bromelain is enzyme found in fresh pineapple and breaks down protein.
- Rennin is Very Important in Children
- Rennin breaks down casein in milk products.
- Sucrase Breaks Down Sucrose
- Sucrase breaks down sucrose to glucose and fructose.
- Enzymes - What are they? Why are they so important?
- There are different types of enzymes and they perform functions important to your body.
- Diet and Enzymes - What is the Ideal Diet?
- Discusses the importance of enzymes in diet.
- Enzymes And Energy
- Enzymes and energy are closely related.
- Enzyme Potential - How Important Is It?
- Explains the idea of enzyme potential.
- Enzymes-What Do Enzymes Do?
- A brief explanation of what enzymes do for your body.
- Food Enzymes
- Explains food enzymes and why they are so extremely important.
- Food Enzymes Aid Digestion
- Food enzymes aid digestion by breaking down nutrients
- Predigestion takes place in the cardiac stomach and is aided by food and supplemental enzymes.
- Metabolic Enzymes
- Explains metabolic enzymes and their function in the body.
- The Immune System - Enzymes are Extremely Important in Preventing Illness
- Enzymes affect your immune system and provide a balance to your body.
- Enzymes And Children
- Enzymes and children - Enzymes are important in the health of newborns and older children.
- Enzymes And Longevity
- Enzymes and longevity have a correlation with respect to how much of the enzyme supply is depleted in the body.
- Dormant Illness
- Dormant illness is a term used in Eastern medicine.
- Enzymes For Sports
- Enzymes for sports are important, because they act as co-enzymes needed to utilize the nutrients required by the athlete.
- Enzymes and Obesity
- Enzymes and obesity are related because cooking and refining food destroys lipase.
- Enzymes Mind Body
- Enzymes Mind Body .... Enzymes play a very important role in our mental and physical health
- Enzyme Safety
- Enzyme safety is reflected in the fact they are listed in the GRS.
- Enzymes And Detoxification
- Enzymes and detoxification .... digestion results in waste and toxins.
- Enzymes And Juicing
- Enzymes and juicing - Drinking juice puts very little stress on the digestive tract.
- Enzymes Allergies Candida
- Enzymes allergies Candida - There are similarities between allergies and candida because the symptoms of both are caused by the body’s attempt to resist organisms or toxins.
- Enzymes Endocrine System
- Enzymes Endocrine System . . . both are affected by eating cooked or processed food and are interconnected.
- Enzymes and Skin
- Enzymes and skin - Skin is loaded with enzymes that are naturally occurring.
- Skin Aging
- Skin aging develops from cellular damage due to free radicals.
- Skin Problems
- Skin problems are the result of underlying imbalances and illness
- Enzymes and Eczema
- Enzymes and eczema … Eczema is an inflammation of the skin.
- Enzymes and Hair
- Enzymes and hair - Enzymes are important in the health of your hair.
- Enzymes and Acne
- Enzymes and acne - Enzymes are important in preventing acne.
- Enzymes and Cravings
- Enzymes and cravings -Poor digestion due to lack of enzymes can cause food cravings.
- Enzymes And Mood
- Enzymes and mood ….chronic mood swings is a common sign of food sensitivity.
- Hypoglycemia and Mood Swings
- Hypoglycemia and mood swings ….. mood swings is a symptom of hypoglycemia.
- Enzymes And Depression
- Enzymes and depression ….In the United States depression is the country’s number one health problem.
- Enzymes And Stress
- Enzymes and stress ….Chronic stress will whittle away at your health.
- Source Enzymes
- Source enzymes are unspecialized enzymes.
- Heartburn is caused by overeating, among other things.
- Stroke And Circulatory Disorders
- Stroke and circulatory disorders can be prevented and treated with enzyme therapy.
- Enzymes And High Cholesterol
- Enzymes and high cholesterol ….people low in lipase may be prone to cholesterol problems.
- Hyperhomocysteinemia is one possible cause of atherosclerosis.
- Liver Enzymes
- Liver enzymes help speed up chemical reactions in the liver.
- Supplements Help Digest Your Food or Can Be Therapeutic
- Enzyme supplements have many uses and are important to maintaining your good health.
- Digestive Enzymes - How To Read Labels
- Most digestive enzymes are not measured in milligrams.
- Digestive Enzymes Can Lead to Better Health
- You can support your digestion with supplemental digestive enzymes.
- Wobenzym N
- Wobenzym is an enzyme preparation, which was originally developed in Germany in the 1960s
- N-zimes formula is recommended by Dr. Edward Howell, world famous enzyme expert.
- Alpha-galactosidase is an enzyme derived from the fungus Aspergillus niger.
- Enzyme Sources : A Comparison
- Digestive enzyme sources come from plants, animals and fungi.
- Pancreatic Enzymes
- Pancreatic enzymes are available in prescription formulations.
- Enzymes - The History of Enzymes Through the Centuries
- The word enzyme comes from the Middle Greek word enzymos. The use of enzymes dates to ancient times.
- Figs a Sweet Fruit Containing Enzymes
- Figs are one of the sweetest fruits & were used as a sweetener long before refined sugar. Figs contain the enzyme ficin, which is still used today in supplements and skin gels.
- Papaya Was Reputably Called “The Fruit of the Angels” by Christopher Columbus
- Papaya have much to offer. Their nutrients promote health, they contain papain, a digestive enzyme and they are a versatile food.
- Nattokinase and Blood Clots
- Nattokinase and blood clots ... nattokinase is a potent enzyme for dissolving blood clots.
- Natto is a Traditional Japanese Food
- Natto, which is made from soy, is rich in nattokinase an enzyme that can prevent blood clots and strokes
- Dr. Jokichi Takamine
- Jokichi Takamine is the father of Japanese Amercian Biotechnology.
- John Beard
- John Beard was a Scottish embryologist who theorized that malignant cancer cells are false-placentas
- James B Sumner
- James B Sumner isolated the enzyme urease and proved it was a protein. This earned him a shared Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1946
- Dr Francis Pottenger
- Dr. Francis Pottenger conducted a feeding experiment, between the years 1932 and 1942, to determine the effects of heat-processed foods on cats
- Dr Edward Howell
- Dr Edward Howell was a pioneer in his field and was the first researcher to recognize and to outline the importance of enzymes in food to the nutrition of human beings.
- Lindlahr Sanitarium
- In 1914, Dr. Henry Lindlahr bought 8 acres of the former Lathrop estate in Elmhurst, Illinois to establish the Lindlahr Sanitarium so that patients might receive “Nature Cure” in a country atmosphere
- Dr Max Gerson
- After treating a woman with terminal bile duct cancer in 1928, Dr Max Gerson developed his Gerson Therapy, which is still being used today in Tijauna, Mexico.
- Dr William Kelley
- Dr William Kelley, DDS claimed to have healed himself and others of cancer through the use of pancreatic enzymes and a diet of raw fruits and vegetables.
- Nicholas Gonzalez MD
- Nicholas Gonzalez MD became a believer of Dr. William Kelley’s cancer treatment.
- Our intestinal tract contains bacteria, which are vital to our health. Probiotics are used to replace the microflora in the gut and treat infection by Candida albicans an opportunistic yeast.
- Causes Of Candida
- The causes of candida are three-fold.
- Symptoms of Candida Can Be Different for Men and Women
- Symptoms of candida can be different for men and women.
- Treating Candida
- The symptoms of Candida infection can be different for men and women,but treating candida is the same.
- Kefir A Cultured, Enzyme-rich Food
- Kefir is a cultured, enzyme-rich food that's filled with friendly microorganisms.
- Homemade Kefir
- Homemade kefir is easy and fun to make.
- Kefir - The Mystical Side
- The name kefir is believed to have originated from the Turkish word “kef,”
- Greek Yogurt Is So Creamy.
- Greek yogurt typically made in Greece uses either sheep or cow's milk.
- How to Make Greek Yogurt at Home
- How to make Greek Yogurt at home.
- Greek Yogurt Brands
- Greek yogurt brands include Fage, Chobani and Oikos.
- Fermented Food
- Thousands of years ago people started consuming and experimenting in the production of fermented food.
- Fermented Food Benefits Health
- Fermented food benefits our health by making it more digestible, removing toxins and providing live cultures to our digestive tract among other important benefits.
- Sauerkraut is finely shredded cabbage that has been fermented.
- Homemade Sauerkraut
- Homemade sauerkraut will take up to 4 weeks or more to make.
- History of Probiotics in the 20th Century
- Probiotics means “for life”. It’ a combination of “pro” meaning for and “biotics” meaning relating to, produced by, or caused by living organisms.
- What is Lactose Intolerance?
- Lactose intolerance is defined as the body not easily digesting lactose, which is a natural sugar found in milk and dairy products.
- Lactose Intolerance History
- Lactose Intolerance History -The history of lactose intolerance dates back to the Neolithic Era.
- Diet and Lactose Intolerance – There are Many Foods That Have Hidden Lactose
- Milk and foods made with milk are the only natural sources of lactose, but there are many foods in your diet that have hidden lactose.
- Lactose Intolerance - The Diagnosis
- The symptoms of lactose intolerance can be mild to severe, which depends on how much lactose your body makes.
- Lactose Intolerance - The Causes
- Lactose intolerance occurs when the small intestine doesn’t make enough of the enzyme lactase.
- Lactose Intolerance - You Can Treat It By Limiting or Avoiding Milk Products
- Although there’s no cure for lactose intolerance, you can treat it by limiting or avoiding milk products.
- Lactose Intolerance Supplements - Supplements Of The Enzyme Lactase Can Be Used
- Lactose Intolerance Supplements - In lactose intolerance lactase supplements containing the enzyme lactase can be used if a person chooses to consume lactose.
- Miso is Fermented Soybean Paste
- Miso is a nutritious balance of natural proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, essential oils, and isoflavones.
- Miso Recipes
- Miso recipes are healthy and delicious.
- Koji is steamed rice that’s had koji mold spores propagated onto it.
- Vitamin D3 How Important Is Vitamin D Supplementation?
- Vitamin D3 is in fact not a vitamin but it's a steroid-like molecule that's capable of controlling the activity of the immune system.
- Vitamin D Conference - 1st North American Conference on UV, Vitamin D & Health
- The First Vitamin D Conference Was Held In Toronto On March 2006
- Vitamin D Conference Toronto Canada 2009
- A Vitamin D Conference was held in Toronto in November 2009
- Vinegar is defined as a sour liquid obtained by fermentation of dilute alcoholic liquids and used as a condiment or preservative
- Vinegar - The History of Vinegar
- Peoples from many lands of the world have used vinegar in many different ways, for thousands of years.
- Vinegar Types
- Vinegar types vary throughout the world according to local ingredients.
- Cider Vinegar Ingredients...Healthy Healing Ingredients
- Cider Vinegar Ingredients...more research is needed to know the extent of vinegar's health benefits and healing powers.
- Properties of Vinegar
- Properties of vinegar, Vinegar is mainly a dilute aqueous solution of acetic acid.
- Vinegar Comparison
- Vinegar comparison can show us how different the many types of vinegar really are.
- What Doctors Say About Vinegar
- Doctors say vinegar has numerous benefits.
- Uses of Vinegar
- The uses of vinegar are numerous.
- Vinegar In The Kitchen
- Vinegar in the kitchen is useful in many ways.
- Vinegar In The Bathroom
- Vinegar in the bathroom kills germs, removes soap scum and much more.
- Vinegar And Laundry
- Vinegar and laundry ….Vinegar has many uses in doing the laundry.
- Vinegar In The Yard
- Vinegar in the yard ….vinegar has many uses in the yard.
- Red Wine Vinegar vs Red Wine
- Red wine vinegar has the same health advantages as red wine.
- Vinegar Bad For Teeth?
- Vinegar bad for teeth? Yes, but best taken straight.
- Hate Taste Of Vinegar ?
- Hate taste of vinegar ? There's alternatives.
- Raw Honey Enzymes
- Raw honey enzymes are numerous.
- Biker Enzymes
- Biker enzymes ….enzymes are a must for all bikers to feel great and be healthy.
- Superfoods are a special category of food found in nature.
- Bee Superfoods
- Bee superfoods consist of bee pollen, royal jelly and Propolis.
- Seaweed Superfoods
- Seaweed superfoods are the most nutritionally dense plants on earth.
- Green Superfoods
- Green superfoods are packed with protein and vitamins and offer many health benefits.
- Fruit And Nut Superfoods
- Fruit and nut superfoods are high in anti-oxidants that fight free-radical invasion.
- Cooking Food ....The Worst Way
- Cooking food... What is the worst way?
- Feeding Hummingbirds
- Feeding hummingbirds could be affected by GMOs
- Enzymes Are Better
- Enzymes are better than proton pump inhibitors.
- Truth About Soy
- The truth about soy is that it's not a health food with the exception of fermented soy.
- Propylene Glycol Safe?
- Is Propylene Glycol Safe? It's Material Safety Data Sheet indicates not.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup ...What About It?
- High fructose corn syrup...is it really bad for you?
- GM Probiotics
- GM probiotics is a reality.
- About the Author
- A short auto-biography on the author.
- Building My Site ...How I Built Enzyme-Facts
- Building my site ....Learn how I built my web site.
- Enzyme-Facts.com Site Map
- Site Map-enzyme-facts.com- we have lots of pages for you to browse on our site, find out all about enzymes and related subjects.
- Search This Site
- Search this site – Site Search
- Links - Helpful Links - Enzyme Facts
- Helpful links to enzyme facts and other info found on this web site.
- Shopping Links Enzyme Facts.com
- Where to buy enzymes for you and your pets, organic and eco-friendly products.